Andre Braugher has been set to co-star opposite Andy Samberg in Fox’s Schur/Goor comedy pilot, from Universal TV and 3 Arts. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing the single-camera ensemble project, which revolves around a diverse group of detectives in a precinct at the very edge of New York City. Braugher will play Capt. Holt, who after 30 years of the force has finally gotten his own command, and he’s not going to let anyone, least of all Jake (Samberg), screw it up. This would mark the first half-hour comedy series for Homicide alum Braugher, who most recently starred in ABC’s short-lived Last Resort. Before that, he played a lead on the TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age.
Andre Braugher To Co-Star In Fox’s Mike Schur/Dan Goor Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two