Looks like America’s Got Talent is sticking with the Brit – or at least one Brit. NBC has confirmed that Spice Girl Mel B will be replacing departing judge Sharon Osbourne on the series this season. Mel B aka Melanie Brown will be sitting on the judge’s panel when the series has its first new Season 8 taping on March 4 in New Orleans. Long time judge Osbourne officially announced her departure from AGT last September after weeks of rumors. AGT won’t be the first time Mel B has been a TV judge. She served as a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor and appeared as a guest host on the original UK version. Howie Mandel and Howard Stern have already re-upped for another season of the summer talent-competition series. AGT had a bumpy ratings ride last year. It ended its 7th season on September 13 down 33% from its 2011’s finale – hitting a series finale low.
‘America’s Got Talent’ Adds Spice Girl Mel B To Replace Sharon Osbourne
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo