Looks like America’s Got Talent is sticking with the Brit – or at least one Brit. NBC has confirmed that Spice Girl Mel B will be replacing departing judge Sharon Osbourne on the series this season. Mel B aka Melanie Brown will be sitting on the judge’s panel when the series has its first new Season 8 taping on March 4 in New Orleans. Long time judge Osbourne officially announced her departure from AGT last September after weeks of rumors. AGT won’t be the first time Mel B has been a TV judge. She served as a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor and appeared as a guest host on the original UK version. Howie Mandel and Howard Stern have already re-upped for another season of the summer talent-competition series. AGT had a bumpy ratings ride last year. It ended its 7th season on September 13 down 33% from its 2011’s finale – hitting a series finale low.
‘America’s Got Talent’ Adds Spice Girl Mel B To Replace Sharon Osbourne
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Syfy Orders ‘Prototype’ Thriller Pilot
- Emily Kinney Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC
- ‘Scandal’ Ratings Return Down, ‘Shades Of Blue’ Even & ‘Big Bang Theory’ Up
- ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Cameron Crowe’s Showtime Series About Rock Laborers Gets June Premiere Date
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update