Looks like America’s Got Talent is sticking with the Brit – or at least one Brit. NBC has confirmed that Spice Girl Mel B will be replacing departing judge Sharon Osbourne on the series this season. Mel B aka Melanie Brown will be sitting on the judge’s panel when the series has its first new Season 8 taping on March 4 in New Orleans. Long time judge Osbourne officially announced her departure from AGT last September after weeks of rumors. AGT won’t be the first time Mel B has been a TV judge. She served as a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor and appeared as a guest host on the original UK version. Howie Mandel and Howard Stern have already re-upped for another season of the summer talent-competition series. AGT had a bumpy ratings ride last year. It ended its 7th season on September 13 down 33% from its 2011’s finale – hitting a series finale low.
‘America’s Got Talent’ Adds Spice Girl Mel B To Replace Sharon Osbourne
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'