Looks like America’s Got Talent is sticking with the Brit – or at least one Brit. NBC has confirmed that Spice Girl Mel B will be replacing departing judge Sharon Osbourne on the series this season. Mel B aka Melanie Brown will be sitting on the judge’s panel when the series has its first new Season 8 taping on March 4 in New Orleans. Long time judge Osbourne officially announced her departure from AGT last September after weeks of rumors. AGT won’t be the first time Mel B has been a TV judge. She served as a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor and appeared as a guest host on the original UK version. Howie Mandel and Howard Stern have already re-upped for another season of the summer talent-competition series. AGT had a bumpy ratings ride last year. It ended its 7th season on September 13 down 33% from its 2011’s finale – hitting a series finale low.
‘America’s Got Talent’ Adds Spice Girl Mel B To Replace Sharon Osbourne
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?
- Participant Media Taps David Linde To Be CEO