Looks like America’s Got Talent is sticking with the Brit – or at least one Brit. NBC has confirmed that Spice Girl Mel B will be replacing departing judge Sharon Osbourne on the series this season. Mel B aka Melanie Brown will be sitting on the judge’s panel when the series has its first new Season 8 taping on March 4 in New Orleans. Long time judge Osbourne officially announced her departure from AGT last September after weeks of rumors. AGT won’t be the first time Mel B has been a TV judge. She served as a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor and appeared as a guest host on the original UK version. Howie Mandel and Howard Stern have already re-upped for another season of the summer talent-competition series. AGT had a bumpy ratings ride last year. It ended its 7th season on September 13 down 33% from its 2011’s finale – hitting a series finale low.
‘America’s Got Talent’ Adds Spice Girl Mel B To Replace Sharon Osbourne
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms