Nerdist Industries, the Legendary Entertainment-owned company founded by comedian Chris Hardwick, host of AMC’s The Talking Dead, has inked a multi-platform deal with AMC. Under the pact, Nerdist’s YouTube channel will be showing bonus footage from Talking Dead, the companion live Walking Dead aftershow. Additionally, AMC has inked a development deal with Nerdist to take their YouTube program, All Star Celebrity Bowling, and develop it as a potential series for the network. The Web series features the casts and crews of popular shows, including AMC’s The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, facing off at a bowling alley. “This is a great way for us to expand our relationship with Chris and Nerdist, and we love the multi-platform synergy on a project like this,” AMC’s EVP Original Programming & Production & Digital Content Joel Stillerman said. Added Hardwick, “It has always been one of our main goals with Nerdist to grow content in the digital garden of the Internet which we could then evolve onto other platforms.” All Star Bowling, which is expected to start off as a special on AMC, is being produced by Nerdist and High Noon Entertainment, with Nerdist’s chief creative officer Hardwick and CEO Peter Levin as well as Jim Berger serving as executive producers.
AMC Signs Deal With Nerdist Industries, Will Develop ‘All Star Celebrity Bowling’ For TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC