EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy search, Lifetime has tapped Alicia Silverstone as the lead in its drama pilot HR. The network originally ordered the pilot last summer, along with Cinnamon Girl, The Secret Lives Of Wives and Witches Of East End, but made the pickup contingent on casting the lead. Lifetime took its time, looking for a name and the right actress. With Silverstone on board, HR has now been cleared for production. Written by Glenn Porter (I Melt With You), HR centers on the uptight Director of Human Resources for a global company (Silverstone) who, after a head injury alters her outlook on life, throws standard corporate practices out the window and inspires the business to strive for new ambitions and profits. HR is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment, who originally developed the project as a spec, and co-executive produced by Porter and Michael Lohmann. HR joins five broadcast pilots Kaplan is shepherding at the moment. Additionally, his ABC Family pilot Terminales is nearing a series pickup, and Nick at Nite’s Instant Mom is awaiting word. Silverstone, repped by UTA and Untitled, recently recurred on ABC’s Suburgatory and appeared in features Butter and Vamps. Of Lifetime’s other pilots, Witches went to series, while the other two got a pass.
Alicia Silverstone To Topline Lifetime Pilot ‘HR’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'