EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy search, Lifetime has tapped Alicia Silverstone as the lead in its drama pilot HR. The network originally ordered the pilot last summer, along with Cinnamon Girl, The Secret Lives Of Wives and Witches Of East End, but made the pickup contingent on casting the lead. Lifetime took its time, looking for a name and the right actress. With Silverstone on board, HR has now been cleared for production. Written by Glenn Porter (I Melt With You), HR centers on the uptight Director of Human Resources for a global company (Silverstone) who, after a head injury alters her outlook on life, throws standard corporate practices out the window and inspires the business to strive for new ambitions and profits. HR is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment, who originally developed the project as a spec, and co-executive produced by Porter and Michael Lohmann. HR joins five broadcast pilots Kaplan is shepherding at the moment. Additionally, his ABC Family pilot Terminales is nearing a series pickup, and Nick at Nite’s Instant Mom is awaiting word. Silverstone, repped by UTA and Untitled, recently recurred on ABC’s Suburgatory and appeared in features Butter and Vamps. Of Lifetime’s other pilots, Witches went to series, while the other two got a pass.
Alicia Silverstone To Topline Lifetime Pilot ‘HR’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets