EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy search, Lifetime has tapped Alicia Silverstone as the lead in its drama pilot HR. The network originally ordered the pilot last summer, along with Cinnamon Girl, The Secret Lives Of Wives and Witches Of East End, but made the pickup contingent on casting the lead. Lifetime took its time, looking for a name and the right actress. With Silverstone on board, HR has now been cleared for production. Written by Glenn Porter (I Melt With You), HR centers on the uptight Director of Human Resources for a global company (Silverstone) who, after a head injury alters her outlook on life, throws standard corporate practices out the window and inspires the business to strive for new ambitions and profits. HR is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment, who originally developed the project as a spec, and co-executive produced by Porter and Michael Lohmann. HR joins five broadcast pilots Kaplan is shepherding at the moment. Additionally, his ABC Family pilot Terminales is nearing a series pickup, and Nick at Nite’s Instant Mom is awaiting word. Silverstone, repped by UTA and Untitled, recently recurred on ABC’s Suburgatory and appeared in features Butter and Vamps. Of Lifetime’s other pilots, Witches went to series, while the other two got a pass.
Alicia Silverstone To Topline Lifetime Pilot ‘HR’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign