EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy search, Lifetime has tapped Alicia Silverstone as the lead in its drama pilot HR. The network originally ordered the pilot last summer, along with Cinnamon Girl, The Secret Lives Of Wives and Witches Of East End, but made the pickup contingent on casting the lead. Lifetime took its time, looking for a name and the right actress. With Silverstone on board, HR has now been cleared for production. Written by Glenn Porter (I Melt With You), HR centers on the uptight Director of Human Resources for a global company (Silverstone) who, after a head injury alters her outlook on life, throws standard corporate practices out the window and inspires the business to strive for new ambitions and profits. HR is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment, who originally developed the project as a spec, and co-executive produced by Porter and Michael Lohmann. HR joins five broadcast pilots Kaplan is shepherding at the moment. Additionally, his ABC Family pilot Terminales is nearing a series pickup, and Nick at Nite’s Instant Mom is awaiting word. Silverstone, repped by UTA and Untitled, recently recurred on ABC’s Suburgatory and appeared in features Butter and Vamps. Of Lifetime’s other pilots, Witches went to series, while the other two got a pass.
Alicia Silverstone To Topline Lifetime Pilot ‘HR’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres