EXCLUSIVE: ABC is going for some experimentation this pilot season. In addition to the 12 half-hour pilots it ordered, the network is looking to do a couple of 10-minute, small-budget comedy presentations for scripts that didn’t make the cut for pilot orders but ABC brass liked enough to give them a shot. They are shorter than the regular comedy presentations, but ABC executives believe they will still get a sense of a project’s potential. First off is the single-camera See You Next Tuesday, from the sibling writing team of Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux (Bob’s Burgers) and 20th Century Fox TV. It is an office comedy about the biggest psychopath in the world and the people who work for her. The duo executive produce with Aaron Kaplan and Sean Perrone of Kaplan/Perrone. Before joining Bob’s Burgers, Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux, repped by WME and attorney Gregg Gellman, wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount as well as the Black List script My Sister Is Marrying A Douchebag.
ABC To Do 10-Minute Presentations, Starting With Molyneux Sisters Office Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday