EXCLUSIVE: ABC is going for some experimentation this pilot season. In addition to the 12 half-hour pilots it ordered, the network is looking to do a couple of 10-minute, small-budget comedy presentations for scripts that didn’t make the cut for pilot orders but ABC brass liked enough to give them a shot. They are shorter than the regular comedy presentations, but ABC executives believe they will still get a sense of a project’s potential. First off is the single-camera See You Next Tuesday, from the sibling writing team of Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux (Bob’s Burgers) and 20th Century Fox TV. It is an office comedy about the biggest psychopath in the world and the people who work for her. The duo executive produce with Aaron Kaplan and Sean Perrone of Kaplan/Perrone. Before joining Bob’s Burgers, Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux, repped by WME and attorney Gregg Gellman, wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount as well as the Black List script My Sister Is Marrying A Douchebag.
ABC To Do 10-Minute Presentations, Starting With Molyneux Sisters Office Comedy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over