EXCLUSIVE: ABC is going for some experimentation this pilot season. In addition to the 12 half-hour pilots it ordered, the network is looking to do a couple of 10-minute, small-budget comedy presentations for scripts that didn’t make the cut for pilot orders but ABC brass liked enough to give them a shot. They are shorter than the regular comedy presentations, but ABC executives believe they will still get a sense of a project’s potential. First off is the single-camera See You Next Tuesday, from the sibling writing team of Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux (Bob’s Burgers) and 20th Century Fox TV. It is an office comedy about the biggest psychopath in the world and the people who work for her. The duo executive produce with Aaron Kaplan and Sean Perrone of Kaplan/Perrone. Before joining Bob’s Burgers, Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux, repped by WME and attorney Gregg Gellman, wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount as well as the Black List script My Sister Is Marrying A Douchebag.
ABC To Do 10-Minute Presentations, Starting With Molyneux Sisters Office Comedy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'