EXCLUSIVE: ABC is going for some experimentation this pilot season. In addition to the 12 half-hour pilots it ordered, the network is looking to do a couple of 10-minute, small-budget comedy presentations for scripts that didn’t make the cut for pilot orders but ABC brass liked enough to give them a shot. They are shorter than the regular comedy presentations, but ABC executives believe they will still get a sense of a project’s potential. First off is the single-camera See You Next Tuesday, from the sibling writing team of Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux (Bob’s Burgers) and 20th Century Fox TV. It is an office comedy about the biggest psychopath in the world and the people who work for her. The duo executive produce with Aaron Kaplan and Sean Perrone of Kaplan/Perrone. Before joining Bob’s Burgers, Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux, repped by WME and attorney Gregg Gellman, wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount as well as the Black List script My Sister Is Marrying A Douchebag.
ABC To Do 10-Minute Presentations, Starting With Molyneux Sisters Office Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'