Rick Klein has been named Political Director for ABC News. He will oversee the division’s political unit and help steer the network’s coverage of major news events on all platforms. Throughout the 2012 election cycle, he helped guide World News political reporting and was a key member of the editorial team that produced the Republican primary debates. He also played Paul Ryan in the network’s mock Vice Presidential debate moderated by Martha Raddatz. The appointment comes the same week the news division tapped a pair of New York Times staffers, Jeff Zeleny and Susan Saulny, to boost their Washington DC bureau.
ABC News Taps Rick Klein Political Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series