New York Times national political correspondent Jeff Zeleny has joined ABC News as Senior Washington Correspondent covering Congress and politics. Zeleny, who starts next month, will contribute to all of ABC News’ broadcasts and platforms, including regular appearances on the This Week roundtable. “Over the past 12 years Jeff has traveled to all 50 states and reported from more than two-dozen countries while covering four Presidential campaigns including Barack Obama’s road to the White House, the Tea Party movement, Capitol Hill and the inside game of politics,” ABC News president Ben Sherwood said in a memo. Zeleny’s hire will boost ABC News’ Washington coverage in the wake of the December departure of Chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper to CNN. ABC News had been in talks with Zeleny as well as New York Times national reporter Susan Saulny.
ABC News Hires NYT’s Jeff Zeleny As Senior Washington Correspondent
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations