New York Times national political correspondent Jeff Zeleny has joined ABC News as Senior Washington Correspondent covering Congress and politics. Zeleny, who starts next month, will contribute to all of ABC News’ broadcasts and platforms, including regular appearances on the This Week roundtable. “Over the past 12 years Jeff has traveled to all 50 states and reported from more than two-dozen countries while covering four Presidential campaigns including Barack Obama’s road to the White House, the Tea Party movement, Capitol Hill and the inside game of politics,” ABC News president Ben Sherwood said in a memo. Zeleny’s hire will boost ABC News’ Washington coverage in the wake of the December departure of Chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper to CNN. ABC News had been in talks with Zeleny as well as New York Times national reporter Susan Saulny.
ABC News Hires NYT’s Jeff Zeleny As Senior Washington Correspondent
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service