New York Times national political correspondent Jeff Zeleny has joined ABC News as Senior Washington Correspondent covering Congress and politics. Zeleny, who starts next month, will contribute to all of ABC News’ broadcasts and platforms, including regular appearances on the This Week roundtable. “Over the past 12 years Jeff has traveled to all 50 states and reported from more than two-dozen countries while covering four Presidential campaigns including Barack Obama’s road to the White House, the Tea Party movement, Capitol Hill and the inside game of politics,” ABC News president Ben Sherwood said in a memo. Zeleny’s hire will boost ABC News’ Washington coverage in the wake of the December departure of Chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper to CNN. ABC News had been in talks with Zeleny as well as New York Times national reporter Susan Saulny.
ABC News Hires NYT’s Jeff Zeleny As Senior Washington Correspondent
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'