New York Times national political correspondent Jeff Zeleny has joined ABC News as Senior Washington Correspondent covering Congress and politics. Zeleny, who starts next month, will contribute to all of ABC News’ broadcasts and platforms, including regular appearances on the This Week roundtable. “Over the past 12 years Jeff has traveled to all 50 states and reported from more than two-dozen countries while covering four Presidential campaigns including Barack Obama’s road to the White House, the Tea Party movement, Capitol Hill and the inside game of politics,” ABC News president Ben Sherwood said in a memo. Zeleny’s hire will boost ABC News’ Washington coverage in the wake of the December departure of Chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper to CNN. ABC News had been in talks with Zeleny as well as New York Times national reporter Susan Saulny.
ABC News Hires NYT’s Jeff Zeleny As Senior Washington Correspondent
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over