ABC has picked up its first multi-camera comedy pilot this season – Divorce: A Love Story from Rules Of Engagement executive producer Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin and Sony TV. This marks Sikowitz’s second pilot this year, joining single-camera comedy Welcome To The Family he has at NBC. Based on the Israeli format Life Isn’t Everything, Divorce centers on Kenny and Robin, a recently divorced couple, who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The project, originally developed at Sony TV, will now be a co-production with ABC Studios. Sikowitz and Lappin executive produce with Noa Tishby (In Treatment) and Reshet, the Israeli company behind the format. Sikowitz is with ICM Partners.
ABC Greenlights Divorce Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'