The release date for Mr. Peabody & Sherman has been pushed to March, 7, 2014 from its original date of November 1, 2013. DreamWorks Animation announced late today that it had decided to change the date at the recommendation of its distributor Twentieth Century Fox. Me And My Shadow, initially announced for wide release on March 14, 2014, is now undated and will return to development at the studio. “Our distributor, who has had great success in March with their Ice Age franchise, has recommended we move Mr. Peabody & Sherman to the spring of 2014, which we totally agree is a much more advantageous release window,” Anne Globe, Chief Marketing Officer of DreamWorks Animation said in a statement. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman is now the first of our three-picture lineup for next year.” Rob Minkoff is directing Mr. Peabody & Sherman based on Jay Ward’s cartoon which centers on Mr. Peabody, the world’s smartest person who happens to be a dog. Mr. Peabody & Sherman will now open against Warner Bros’ All You Need Is Kill.
‘Mr. Peabody & Sherman’ Release Date Moved To March 7, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.