The release date for Mr. Peabody & Sherman has been pushed to March, 7, 2014 from its original date of November 1, 2013. DreamWorks Animation announced late today that it had decided to change the date at the recommendation of its distributor Twentieth Century Fox. Me And My Shadow, initially announced for wide release on March 14, 2014, is now undated and will return to development at the studio. “Our distributor, who has had great success in March with their Ice Age franchise, has recommended we move Mr. Peabody & Sherman to the spring of 2014, which we totally agree is a much more advantageous release window,” Anne Globe, Chief Marketing Officer of DreamWorks Animation said in a statement. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman is now the first of our three-picture lineup for next year.” Rob Minkoff is directing Mr. Peabody & Sherman based on Jay Ward’s cartoon which centers on Mr. Peabody, the world’s smartest person who happens to be a dog. Mr. Peabody & Sherman will now open against Warner Bros’ All You Need Is Kill.
‘Mr. Peabody & Sherman’ Release Date Moved To March 7, 2014
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season