I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
WME Reality Agent Chris Newman Joins UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive