I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
WME Reality Agent Chris Newman Joins UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming