I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
WME Reality Agent Chris Newman Joins UTA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working the Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC