I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
WME Reality Agent Chris Newman Joins UTA
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce