I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
WME Reality Agent Chris Newman Joins UTA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'