Almost 10 years after rejoining Columbia TriStar as Executive VP of creative advertising in the motion picture division, William Loper is out at Sony Pictures Entertainment following what a company source calls a “restructuring” of the creative department. Industry veteran Loper began his studio career at Universal three decades ago before hopping to MGM, then to Columbia/Tri-Star, where he led marketing on films including Basic Instinct and Terminator 2. He rejoined Universal in 1994 to head campaigns for titles such as A Beautiful Mind, The Mummy, and Apollo 13. Prior to returning to Columbia/Tri-Star in 2003, he created co-branded film campaigns for the Aspect Group. In recent years Loper’s campaigns for The Tourist, The Other Guys, Salt and District 9 earned Golden Trailer nominations.
Sony Creative Ad EVP William Loper Exits
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'