Almost 10 years after rejoining Columbia TriStar as Executive VP of creative advertising in the motion picture division, William Loper is out at Sony Pictures Entertainment following what a company source calls a “restructuring” of the creative department. Industry veteran Loper began his studio career at Universal three decades ago before hopping to MGM, then to Columbia/Tri-Star, where he led marketing on films including Basic Instinct and Terminator 2. He rejoined Universal in 1994 to head campaigns for titles such as A Beautiful Mind, The Mummy, and Apollo 13. Prior to returning to Columbia/Tri-Star in 2003, he created co-branded film campaigns for the Aspect Group. In recent years Loper’s campaigns for The Tourist, The Other Guys, Salt and District 9 earned Golden Trailer nominations.
Sony Creative Ad EVP William Loper Exits
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'