Almost 10 years after rejoining Columbia TriStar as Executive VP of creative advertising in the motion picture division, William Loper is out at Sony Pictures Entertainment following what a company source calls a “restructuring” of the creative department. Industry veteran Loper began his studio career at Universal three decades ago before hopping to MGM, then to Columbia/Tri-Star, where he led marketing on films including Basic Instinct and Terminator 2. He rejoined Universal in 1994 to head campaigns for titles such as A Beautiful Mind, The Mummy, and Apollo 13. Prior to returning to Columbia/Tri-Star in 2003, he created co-branded film campaigns for the Aspect Group. In recent years Loper’s campaigns for The Tourist, The Other Guys, Salt and District 9 earned Golden Trailer nominations.
Sony Creative Ad EVP William Loper Exits
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'