The likes of the Allman Brothers Band, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, the Staples Singers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wilson Pickett and others were drawn to the Alabama town that producer Rick Hall’s FAME Studio and Muscle Shoals Recording Studios called home. Director Greg “Freddy” Camalier brings the rich history of the “Muscle Shoals sound” to life in his documentary feature entry at Sundance, which also has Dave Grohl’s Sound City, about the famed San Fernando Valley recording studio.
Hot Sundance Trailer: ‘Muscle Shoals’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company