While Disney signaled a paradigm shift last month when it didn’t extend its pay cable output deal with Starz, instead inking a pact with streaming giant Netflix, Universal Pictures is sticking to tradition, renewing its domestic output deal with HBO with a long-term extension. The renewal will keep Universal Pictures’ and Focus Features’ films heading to HBO in the domestic pay TV network window into the next decade, extending the long-standing relationship between Universal Pictures and HBO, which dates back to 2003. The negotiations were led by Frances Manfredi, President, NBCUniversal Cable & New Media Distribution and Doris Casap, SVP, Film Programming, HBO. “With HBO’s far-reaching network of premium services, ranging from the traditional in-home experience to its mobile applications, we are pleased to continue this relationship and bring Universal and Focus Features’ films to HBO subscribers for many years to come,” said Rick Finkelstein, Vice Chairman and COO, Universal Pictures.
Universal Pictures Extends Domestic Output Deal With HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce