The 37th UCLA Entertainment Symposium, Deals on the Edge, which will take place March 8-9 at UCLA’s Freud Playhouse, Macgowan Hall, will feature a Q&A with Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, and director and animator David Silverman, who has directed numerous episodes of The Simpsons as well as The Simpsons Movie. The two-day event will focus on the changing landscape of the entertainment industry in the digital revolution and discuss how to plan for success with original content in the vast digital landscape, how to negotiate current TV deals and how to protect rights overseas. Panelists include executives from Pixar, Illumination Entertainment, Warner Bros., Yahoo! and CAA.
UCLA Entertainment Symposium To Feature ‘Simpsons’ Matt Groening & David Silverman
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’
- Video – Larry David’s Shticky Business Sorta Sparks ‘Saturday Night Live’