Twentieth TV-disrtributed freshman syndie strip Dish Nation has been has been renewed on the Fox Television Stations as well as on Sinclair, Tribune, Cox, Meredith, Local TV and Lin stations. The announcement was made on Day 1 of this year’s NATPE confab. The half-hour entertainment news program features drive-time radio personalities from various markets riffing on what’s hot and happening that day in pop culture. According to Twentieth TV, in the most recent ratings period, Dish Nation tops all new first-run programs, including Steve Harvey and Katie, ranking No. 1 among adults 18-34 and is tied for No. 1 among adults 18-49. Additionally, Dish Nation, the youngest-skewing first-run syndication program, has grown to 1.3 million viewers in January — an +18% increase since its September premiere week. It is produced by Studio City. Dish Nation is the latest syndie freshman to be renewed for second season, joining NBCU’s Steve Harvey and Trisha Goddard.
NATPE: Twentieth TV’s ‘Dish Nation’ Renewed For Second Season
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Red Band Society' Gets Order For Four More Scripts
- Steve Coogan To Succeed Philip Seymour Hoffman In Showtime Comedy 'Happyish'