Twentieth TV-disrtributed freshman syndie strip Dish Nation has been has been renewed on the Fox Television Stations as well as on Sinclair, Tribune, Cox, Meredith, Local TV and Lin stations. The announcement was made on Day 1 of this year’s NATPE confab. The half-hour entertainment news program features drive-time radio personalities from various markets riffing on what’s hot and happening that day in pop culture. According to Twentieth TV, in the most recent ratings period, Dish Nation tops all new first-run programs, including Steve Harvey and Katie, ranking No. 1 among adults 18-34 and is tied for No. 1 among adults 18-49. Additionally, Dish Nation, the youngest-skewing first-run syndication program, has grown to 1.3 million viewers in January — an +18% increase since its September premiere week. It is produced by Studio City. Dish Nation is the latest syndie freshman to be renewed for second season, joining NBCU’s Steve Harvey and Trisha Goddard.
NATPE: Twentieth TV’s ‘Dish Nation’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks