Time Warner subsidiary Turner Broadcasting is expected to lay off 30% of its staff in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to reports. The news follows a review of the company’s businesses in the regions that was launched in September last year. TBS president of international Gerhard Zeiler said today, “This review required us taking some tough decisions, but they are absolutely necessary to put Turner International in the best possible position for future growth.” About 250 people are expected to lose their jobs. TBS has 17 branded channels in the EMEA region including CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM and Boomerang. CNN, however, will not be affected, The Guardian notes.
Turner To Slash International Staff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities