Time Warner subsidiary Turner Broadcasting is expected to lay off 30% of its staff in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to reports. The news follows a review of the company’s businesses in the regions that was launched in September last year. TBS president of international Gerhard Zeiler said today, “This review required us taking some tough decisions, but they are absolutely necessary to put Turner International in the best possible position for future growth.” About 250 people are expected to lose their jobs. TBS has 17 branded channels in the EMEA region including CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM and Boomerang. CNN, however, will not be affected, The Guardian notes.
Turner To Slash International Staff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward