Time Warner subsidiary Turner Broadcasting is expected to lay off 30% of its staff in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to reports. The news follows a review of the company’s businesses in the regions that was launched in September last year. TBS president of international Gerhard Zeiler said today, “This review required us taking some tough decisions, but they are absolutely necessary to put Turner International in the best possible position for future growth.” About 250 people are expected to lose their jobs. TBS has 17 branded channels in the EMEA region including CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM and Boomerang. CNN, however, will not be affected, The Guardian notes.
Turner To Slash International Staff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under