Time Warner subsidiary Turner Broadcasting is expected to lay off 30% of its staff in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to reports. The news follows a review of the company’s businesses in the regions that was launched in September last year. TBS president of international Gerhard Zeiler said today, “This review required us taking some tough decisions, but they are absolutely necessary to put Turner International in the best possible position for future growth.” About 250 people are expected to lose their jobs. TBS has 17 branded channels in the EMEA region including CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM and Boomerang. CNN, however, will not be affected, The Guardian notes.
Turner To Slash International Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest International News
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk
- Lionsgate & iQIYI Ink China Streaming Pact; Film Movement Hearts Korea’s ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River’…
- Mipcom: Market Abuzz With Drama As Spotlight Shifts From Non-Scripted
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look
- Green-Light Launches International Sales Arm Led By Christian De Gallegos – AFM
- Oscars: Academy Finalizes Foreign-Language Film Contenders