In the Nielsen ratings, the CW’s flagship series The Vampire Diaries ranks well below No. 100 among all broadcast shows. But on social media, the vampire drama was network television’s No.1 social program during the week of January 21–27, beating such social media and TV ratings juggernauts as American Idol and Family Guy. Boosted by live tweeting by co-creator Julie Plec and the show’s cast, The Vampire Diaries generated nearly 865,000 social interactions across various platforms last week, according to Trendrr.TV. Underlining the disconnect between social media popularity and TV ratings, last Thursday’s TVD episode actually dipped among adults 18-49, down 7% from the previous week to a 1.3/4.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Hits Social Media Milestone
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working the Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC