SnagFilms has closed a new $6 million financing round, the multi-platform company announced today. “With this round of investment, we are able to expand our commitment to helping filmmakers in every form of distribution and increase the services we offer, to delight even broader audiences,” said CEO Rick Allen from the Sundance Film Festival. The announcement come a little less than a year after SnagFilms solidified a previous seven figure founding round. SnagFilms says that the proceeds from this latest funding will be used to improve its platform and product functionality and expansion. As well, the company plans to increase its investment in content and grow its current film library from 4,000 titles up to 5,000 this year. The SXSW Grand Jury Prize wining documentary Beware of Mr. Baker opens nationwide on January 25. SnagFilms announced its acquisition of the domestic distribution rights to the film about Cream drummer Ginger Baker last August. In addition to all of SnagFilm’s current investors participating in this new round, CNF Investments, LLC, an affiliate of Clark Enterprises, Inc., joined as a new shareholder in the company. Clark Enterprises Executive Vice President Robert J. Flanagan has taken an observer seat on SnagFilm’s Board.
Sundance: SnagFilms Snags New Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie