SnagFilms has closed a new $6 million financing round, the multi-platform company announced today. “With this round of investment, we are able to expand our commitment to helping filmmakers in every form of distribution and increase the services we offer, to delight even broader audiences,” said CEO Rick Allen from the Sundance Film Festival. The announcement come a little less than a year after SnagFilms solidified a previous seven figure founding round. SnagFilms says that the proceeds from this latest funding will be used to improve its platform and product functionality and expansion. As well, the company plans to increase its investment in content and grow its current film library from 4,000 titles up to 5,000 this year. The SXSW Grand Jury Prize wining documentary Beware of Mr. Baker opens nationwide on January 25. SnagFilms announced its acquisition of the domestic distribution rights to the film about Cream drummer Ginger Baker last August. In addition to all of SnagFilm’s current investors participating in this new round, CNF Investments, LLC, an affiliate of Clark Enterprises, Inc., joined as a new shareholder in the company. Clark Enterprises Executive Vice President Robert J. Flanagan has taken an observer seat on SnagFilm’s Board.
Sundance: SnagFilms Snags New Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Scandinavian VFX Group Goodbye Kansas Blows Into UK With New London Outpost
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Los Angeles Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Picture Of The Year
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘American Honey’ & ‘Under The Shadow’ Glow – Full…
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time