HBO‘s long-in-the-works World War II miniseries project from Band Of Brothers and The Pacific producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, has acquired the rights to Donald L. Miller’s book Masters Of The Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought The Air War Against Nazi Germany, which may be joined by other source material. The project has been in development for months and was announced by HBO programming president Michael Lombardo last October at an event in France. The Band Of Brothers and Pacific follow-up portrays a cross section of officers and enlisted men who served in the Eighth Air Force and fought in the air war against Germany. Based in England, the men of the “Mighty Eighth” faced unprecedented physical, psychological and moral challenges. Hanks, Spielberg and Gary Goetzman executive produce for Playtone and Amblin Television.
Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks’ Third World War II Miniseries Secures Source Material
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce