EXCLUSIVE: After a 10-season run as the super-hero-in-training Clark Kent in the CW series Smallville, Tom Welling is taking a break from TV and transitioning to features. He’s just landed a co-starring role in Parkland, the Exclusive Media feature that is being directed by Peter Landesman. He joins Paul Giamatti, Zac Efron, and Billy Bob Thornton in the ensemble drama about the hours following the assassination of JFK in Parkland Hospital. Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are producing with Bill Paxton. Open Road is in talks to distribute domestically in the fall, around the 50th anniversary of JFK’s assassination. Welling is repped by WME.
‘Smallville’s Tom Welling Joins JFK Pic ‘Parkland’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Sing’ Review: The Tunes In This Terrific ‘Toon Will Have You Dancing In The Aisles
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion