Creating a new pipeline for Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment’s joint venture, Syco, Over the Top Productions will develop “innovative, niche TV productions to bring more new TV shows to market.” Syco global head of television, Nigel Hall, who helped develop The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, will run the new arm out of London. Hall said the group is “already in advanced talks with broadcasters over new formats.” Charles Garland, global CEO of Syco, added, “This is an exciting next step for Syco Entertainment in our expansion plans and reflects our commitment to fostering creativity.” Syco also said it will continue to expand through new ventures and make key appointments this year in the UK and the U.S. It’s currently working on projects that include TV series Food Glorious Food and the features One Chance, based on BGT‘s first winner Paul Potts and in association with The Weinstein Co., and Sony’s 3D concert movie with boy band One Direction that’s being directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Simon Cowell’s Syco Launches Over The Top Productions, Nigel Hall To Run New Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest International News
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Adds Laura Dern, Brian d’Arcy James & Hope Davis – Berlin
- Nicolas Cage Reunites With ‘Ghost Rider’ Helmer On Horror Thriller ‘Mom And Dad’ – Berlin
- Voltage Scares Berlin With Vang Brothers’ Bogeyman Title ‘Bedeviled’