Creating a new pipeline for Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment’s joint venture, Syco, Over the Top Productions will develop “innovative, niche TV productions to bring more new TV shows to market.” Syco global head of television, Nigel Hall, who helped develop The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, will run the new arm out of London. Hall said the group is “already in advanced talks with broadcasters over new formats.” Charles Garland, global CEO of Syco, added, “This is an exciting next step for Syco Entertainment in our expansion plans and reflects our commitment to fostering creativity.” Syco also said it will continue to expand through new ventures and make key appointments this year in the UK and the U.S. It’s currently working on projects that include TV series Food Glorious Food and the features One Chance, based on BGT‘s first winner Paul Potts and in association with The Weinstein Co., and Sony’s 3D concert movie with boy band One Direction that’s being directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Simon Cowell’s Syco Launches Over The Top Productions, Nigel Hall To Run New Division
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest International News
- ‘Miss Hokusai’ Trailer: Japanese Toon From Gkids’ & ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Creators
- Alibaba Pictures Group Cites Online Build-Up In $69M Loss, Despite Earnings Gains
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Feeling Backlash From China Audiences Over 3D Version
- Crime Series ‘Marcella’ Returning To ITV & Netflix For 2nd Season – Edinburgh
- Covert Media Launches Lexica Films For Foreign-Language Pics; First Project Is ‘Earthquake’
- Construction Worker Killed On ‘Blade Runner’ Set In Hungary