Creating a new pipeline for Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment’s joint venture, Syco, Over the Top Productions will develop “innovative, niche TV productions to bring more new TV shows to market.” Syco global head of television, Nigel Hall, who helped develop The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, will run the new arm out of London. Hall said the group is “already in advanced talks with broadcasters over new formats.” Charles Garland, global CEO of Syco, added, “This is an exciting next step for Syco Entertainment in our expansion plans and reflects our commitment to fostering creativity.” Syco also said it will continue to expand through new ventures and make key appointments this year in the UK and the U.S. It’s currently working on projects that include TV series Food Glorious Food and the features One Chance, based on BGT‘s first winner Paul Potts and in association with The Weinstein Co., and Sony’s 3D concert movie with boy band One Direction that’s being directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Simon Cowell’s Syco Launches Over The Top Productions, Nigel Hall To Run New Division
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'