Three weeks into the season, Showtime has renewed its entire current Sunday lineup: Drama Shameless for a fourth season, comedy House Of Lies for a third and veteran Californication for Season 7. The pickup comes as all three series are off to a strong start this season. They all returned on January 13 with their highest-rated episodes ever. The third season of Shameless is currently averaging 5.4 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 22% from last season and up 63% vs. Season 1. The second season of House Of Lies is averaging 3.2 million weekly viewers, up 10% from Season 1, and the sixth season of Californication is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers, up 21% vs. season five. Production for the new seasons of all three series will kick-off in Los Angeles later this year for a 2014 launch. “Californication, House Of Lies and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices, and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season – the pick-up decision was easy,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. In their most recent airings on Jan. 27, Shameless delivered 2.53 million viewers for the night, the series’ biggest total night ever. House Of Lies was on par with its season premiere, 1.4 million viewers for the night across two plays. Californication attracted 1.05 million cumed viewers.
Showtime’s ‘House Of Lies’, ‘Shameless’ & ‘Californication’ Renewed
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Morning America’ Expands To 3 Hours, ‘The Chew’ Canceled By ABC After 7 Seasons
- Donald Trump Elevates Conspiracy Theory To Government Plot On White House Lawn
- Ken Jeong Heads To Netflix For Comedy Special
- ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Revival Series In Works For TV
- Bruce Rosenblum Exits As Disney-ABC TV Group President Of Business Operations
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama