EXCLUSIVE: Sean Patrick Flanery has been tapped for a major recurring role on the upcoming eighth season of Showtime‘s hit serial killer drama Dexter. He will play Jacob Elroy, the ex-cop owner of a private investigation company in Miami. Earlier this month, Showtime’s entertainment president David Nevins would not say whether Dexter‘s upcoming eighth season would be its last as had been widely expected before the veteran found creative rejuvenation and hit ratings highs in Season 7. “I think I will clarify before Dexter goes on the air for this next season (in June),” Nevins said. “There’s a clear end game in place.” It is unclear whether the Elroy character would be part of that end game. Flanery, repped by Inphenate and attorney Todd Rubenstein, will next be seen in the features Phantom and Broken Horses.
Sean Patrick Flanery Joins ‘Dexter’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration