EXCLUSIVE: Sean Patrick Flanery has been tapped for a major recurring role on the upcoming eighth season of Showtime‘s hit serial killer drama Dexter. He will play Jacob Elroy, the ex-cop owner of a private investigation company in Miami. Earlier this month, Showtime’s entertainment president David Nevins would not say whether Dexter‘s upcoming eighth season would be its last as had been widely expected before the veteran found creative rejuvenation and hit ratings highs in Season 7. “I think I will clarify before Dexter goes on the air for this next season (in June),” Nevins said. “There’s a clear end game in place.” It is unclear whether the Elroy character would be part of that end game. Flanery, repped by Inphenate and attorney Todd Rubenstein, will next be seen in the features Phantom and Broken Horses.
Sean Patrick Flanery Joins ‘Dexter’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Trial & Error’: Kristin Chenoweth To Star In Season 2 Of NBC Legal Comedy Series
- Peter Micelli Leaving CAA To Become Chief Strategy Officer For eOne
- ‘L.A. Confidential’: Brian J. Smith To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘Unsolved’ Review: Tupac & Notorious B.I.G. Murder Drama A Mic Drop For USA
- Seth Gordon To Direct ‘Dan The Weatherman’ Fox Comedy Pilot
- ‘Scandal’ Star Bellamy Young To Topline ABC Comedic Soap Pilot ‘False Profits’