EXCLUSIVE: Sean Patrick Flanery has been tapped for a major recurring role on the upcoming eighth season of Showtime‘s hit serial killer drama Dexter. He will play Jacob Elroy, the ex-cop owner of a private investigation company in Miami. Earlier this month, Showtime’s entertainment president David Nevins would not say whether Dexter‘s upcoming eighth season would be its last as had been widely expected before the veteran found creative rejuvenation and hit ratings highs in Season 7. “I think I will clarify before Dexter goes on the air for this next season (in June),” Nevins said. “There’s a clear end game in place.” It is unclear whether the Elroy character would be part of that end game. Flanery, repped by Inphenate and attorney Todd Rubenstein, will next be seen in the features Phantom and Broken Horses.
Sean Patrick Flanery Joins ‘Dexter’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres