EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of his comedy pilot getting picked up by NBC, Sean Hayes is finalizing a deal for the lead opposite Gena Rowlands in the independent movie 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks, based on Richard Alfieri’s play. Directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman from a screenplay by Alfieri, 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Hayes), to give her private dance lessons —one per week for six weeks— in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing the Swing, Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, Cha-Cha, and Contemporary Dance. Andras Somkuti is producing the film, with Marc Platt and Jerry Offsay executive producing. Since its Los Angeles premiere and a Broadway run, the Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks play has been produced in more than 20 countries. Hayes is repped by WME and Ziffren.
Sean Hayes To Star In Indie ‘6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star