The CW brass were hoping to keep Sarah Michelle Gellar into the fold after the cancellation of her drama series Ringer. But seems like the Buffy The Vampire Slayer alumna will be headed elsewhere. Gellar is attached to a comedy script set up at 20th Century Fox TV, as first reported by TVLine. I hear the untitled project, from up-and-coming writer Shepard Boucher (Men At Work), chronicles the hijinks of two moms, one played by Gellar, while their kids are at school. ICM Partners-repped Boucher wrote the project on spec. The agency, which also reps Gellar, showed it to the actress who liked it and came on board. In part because of Gellar’s relationship with 20th TV chairman Dana Walden going back to Gellar’s says on the studio’s drama Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the project was set up at 20th TV, which put in development. Studio-based writer-producer Dave Hemingson came on as showrunner and is supervising the rewrite, which is being done right now. The project will then be taken out, likely as part of the traditional January spec season. This is the second consecutive time that Geller has boarded a script by young writers following Ringer, created by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder. She and Boucher are managed by Brillstein Entertainment whose Margaret Riley and JoAnne Colonna serves as exec producer alongside Hemingson and Gellar.
Sarah Michelle Gellar Attached To Mom Comedy Project At 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'