EXCLUSIVE: In his TV directing debut, Rise Of The Planet of The Apes helmer Rupert Wyatt is set to direct AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, from Nikita creator/executive producer Craig Silverstein and Barry Josephson. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. The project, from AMC Studios, is written/executive produced by Silverstein and exec produced by Josephson. Turn was one of two period drama pilots AMC ordered in November, along with Halt & Catch Fire, from Breaking Bad executive producer Mark Johnson. Wyatt is repped by WME.
Rupert Wyatt To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres