EXCLUSIVE: In his TV directing debut, Rise Of The Planet of The Apes helmer Rupert Wyatt is set to direct AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, from Nikita creator/executive producer Craig Silverstein and Barry Josephson. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. The project, from AMC Studios, is written/executive produced by Silverstein and exec produced by Josephson. Turn was one of two period drama pilots AMC ordered in November, along with Halt & Catch Fire, from Breaking Bad executive producer Mark Johnson. Wyatt is repped by WME.
Rupert Wyatt To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner