EXCLUSIVE: In his TV directing debut, Rise Of The Planet of The Apes helmer Rupert Wyatt is set to direct AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, from Nikita creator/executive producer Craig Silverstein and Barry Josephson. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. The project, from AMC Studios, is written/executive produced by Silverstein and exec produced by Josephson. Turn was one of two period drama pilots AMC ordered in November, along with Halt & Catch Fire, from Breaking Bad executive producer Mark Johnson. Wyatt is repped by WME.
Rupert Wyatt To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Kevin James CBS Comedy Casts Ryan Cartwright; Andy Fickman Set To Direct
- Jake Tapper Snags First TV Interview With Actress In Pulled Ted Cruz Attack Ad
- ‘Hart Of Dixie’s Wilson Bethel Joins A&E Pilot ‘The Infamous’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot