EXCLUSIVE: In his TV directing debut, Rise Of The Planet of The Apes helmer Rupert Wyatt is set to direct AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, from Nikita creator/executive producer Craig Silverstein and Barry Josephson. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. The project, from AMC Studios, is written/executive produced by Silverstein and exec produced by Josephson. Turn was one of two period drama pilots AMC ordered in November, along with Halt & Catch Fire, from Breaking Bad executive producer Mark Johnson. Wyatt is repped by WME.
Rupert Wyatt To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'