Rosemarie DeWitt is leaving Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom. DeWitt was originally cast in November for a recurring role on the series’ upcoming second season. “As the production schedule for season two of The Newsroom has shifted, Rosemarie DeWitt has encountered scheduling conflicts and will no longer be able to continue in her role,” HBO said in a statement. DeWitt was to play Rebecca Halliday, a litigator who’s been hired to defend the fictional Atlantis Cable News channel, where the show is set, in a multimillion-dollar wrongful-termination suit. I hear she filmed some scenes but her storyline subsequently underwent changes which required reshoots. While series regulars are tied to a show, for recurring guest stars, the gigs are subject to the actors’ availability, and I hear DeWitt was no longer available. The role is now being recast. Meanwhile, DeWitt is heading to Sundance for the premiere of her movie Touchy Feely. She also continues to do promotional work for awards contender Promised Land.
Rosemarie DeWitt Exits HBO’s ‘Newsroom’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season