Roseanne Barr has signed a deal with NBC and Universal TV to develop a comedy series — a starring vehicle for the Roseanne alumna — which she will executive produce with Steven Greener. The two previously collaborated on Barr’s Lifetime reality series Roseanne’s Nuts. Additionally, Barr is doing a three-episode arc on the final season of the NBC/Uni TV comedy series The Office. She will play talent agent Carla Fern who agrees to help office manager Andy Bernard (Ed Helms) realize his show business dream. Filming of her episodes is set to begin this week. Last season, Paradigm-repped Barr developed a multi-camera comedy at 20th TV, Downwardly Mobile, which landed at NBC with penalty and went to pilot.
Roseanne Barr To Develop & Star In New Comedy Series For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Morning America’ Expands To 3 Hours, ‘The Chew’ Canceled By ABC After 7 Seasons
- Donald Trump Elevates Conspiracy Theory To Government Plot On White House Lawn
- Ken Jeong Heads To Netflix For Comedy Special
- ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Revival Series In Works For TV
- Bruce Rosenblum Exits As Disney-ABC TV Group President Of Business Operations
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama