Roseanne Barr has signed a deal with NBC and Universal TV to develop a comedy series — a starring vehicle for the Roseanne alumna — which she will executive produce with Steven Greener. The two previously collaborated on Barr’s Lifetime reality series Roseanne’s Nuts. Additionally, Barr is doing a three-episode arc on the final season of the NBC/Uni TV comedy series The Office. She will play talent agent Carla Fern who agrees to help office manager Andy Bernard (Ed Helms) realize his show business dream. Filming of her episodes is set to begin this week. Last season, Paradigm-repped Barr developed a multi-camera comedy at 20th TV, Downwardly Mobile, which landed at NBC with penalty and went to pilot.
Roseanne Barr To Develop & Star In New Comedy Series For NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'