Roseanne Barr has signed a deal with NBC and Universal TV to develop a comedy series — a starring vehicle for the Roseanne alumna — which she will executive produce with Steven Greener. The two previously collaborated on Barr’s Lifetime reality series Roseanne’s Nuts. Additionally, Barr is doing a three-episode arc on the final season of the NBC/Uni TV comedy series The Office. She will play talent agent Carla Fern who agrees to help office manager Andy Bernard (Ed Helms) realize his show business dream. Filming of her episodes is set to begin this week. Last season, Paradigm-repped Barr developed a multi-camera comedy at 20th TV, Downwardly Mobile, which landed at NBC with penalty and went to pilot.
Roseanne Barr To Develop & Star In New Comedy Series For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment