Roseanne Barr has signed a deal with NBC and Universal TV to develop a comedy series — a starring vehicle for the Roseanne alumna — which she will executive produce with Steven Greener. The two previously collaborated on Barr’s Lifetime reality series Roseanne’s Nuts. Additionally, Barr is doing a three-episode arc on the final season of the NBC/Uni TV comedy series The Office. She will play talent agent Carla Fern who agrees to help office manager Andy Bernard (Ed Helms) realize his show business dream. Filming of her episodes is set to begin this week. Last season, Paradigm-repped Barr developed a multi-camera comedy at 20th TV, Downwardly Mobile, which landed at NBC with penalty and went to pilot.
Roseanne Barr To Develop & Star In New Comedy Series For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble