With eOne‘s $230M acquisition of rival Canadian giant Alliance Films completed earlier this month, the executive structure in the UK, where the companies overlapped, is coming into somewhat clearer focus. On the eve of the European Film Market in Berlin, eOne today said that Alliance SVP Worldwide Acquisitions and Productions, Robert Walak, is leaving the company to pursue other ventures. The well-liked London-based exec had been at Alliance since 2003 and oversaw the acquisitions of such important titles as The Twilight Saga series in Spain and The King’s Speech and The Woman In Black for the UK. Also leaving is Jon Bourdillon, who headed up home entertainment at eOne. He will be replaced by Ken McMahon of Alliance subsidiary Momentum. Earlier this month, eOne exec Alex Hamilton was named managing director in the UK to oversee the combined film team there. Other exec appointments today include Charlotte Thorp as head of TV sales and business development, Nick Smith as head of digital, Paul Lofting as head of sales, Rebecca Mortimer as head of marketing and Theresa Roberts as head of publicity. When the acquisition of Alliance was complete on January 9, that company’s co-founder/CEO, Victor Loewy, and president Charles Layton both left.
Robert Walak Exiting Alliance Films Following Takeover By eOne
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Selma Blair, Graham Greene To Star In Horror Thriller ‘The Great Illusion’
- Richard ‘Dick’ Goodwin Dies: Political Speechwriter Whose Early Life As Special Counsel Was Basis For ‘Quiz Show…
- Helen Hunt, Ana de Armas & John Leguizamo Join ‘The Night Clerk’ Thriller
- Warner Bros. & Producer Dan Lin’s Rebranded Company Rideback Renew First-Look Feature Deal
- ‘It: Chapter Two’ Cast Grows: Jay Ryan To Play Adult Ben Hanscom
- ‘Black Beauty’ Movie In Works With Ashley Avis Set To Write & Direct