Rob Corddry has been tapped as the lead in Spy, ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot based on the 2011 Sky 1 comedy produced by Hat Trick Prods. Spy centers on Tim (Corddry), a well intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite, who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. On the British series, the role is played by Darren Boyd. Corddry’s casting is in conjunction with an overall deal he has signed with ABC. The original series’ creator Simeon Goulden wrote the U.S. version, produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick and executive produced by Goulden and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville. Corddry, creator/exec producer/star of Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, which won an Emmy in September, also created and exec produces Adult Swim’s new series Newsreaders. As an actor, he recently did arcs on ABC’s Happy Endings as well as on Fox’s Ben & Kate. Corddry, repped by WME and Principato Young, had 3 films at Sundance: In A World…, Hell Baby and The Way Way Back, which landed a blockbuster $10 million distribution deal with Fox Searchlight.
Rob Corddry To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- #8216;Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”