Rob Corddry has been tapped as the lead in Spy, ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot based on the 2011 Sky 1 comedy produced by Hat Trick Prods. Spy centers on Tim (Corddry), a well intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite, who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. On the British series, the role is played by Darren Boyd. Corddry’s casting is in conjunction with an overall deal he has signed with ABC. The original series’ creator Simeon Goulden wrote the U.S. version, produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick and executive produced by Goulden and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville. Corddry, creator/exec producer/star of Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, which won an Emmy in September, also created and exec produces Adult Swim’s new series Newsreaders. As an actor, he recently did arcs on ABC’s Happy Endings as well as on Fox’s Ben & Kate. Corddry, repped by WME and Principato Young, had 3 films at Sundance: In A World…, Hell Baby and The Way Way Back, which landed a blockbuster $10 million distribution deal with Fox Searchlight.
Rob Corddry To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive