Rob Corddry has been tapped as the lead in Spy, ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot based on the 2011 Sky 1 comedy produced by Hat Trick Prods. Spy centers on Tim (Corddry), a well intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite, who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. On the British series, the role is played by Darren Boyd. Corddry’s casting is in conjunction with an overall deal he has signed with ABC. The original series’ creator Simeon Goulden wrote the U.S. version, produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick and executive produced by Goulden and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville. Corddry, creator/exec producer/star of Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, which won an Emmy in September, also created and exec produces Adult Swim’s new series Newsreaders. As an actor, he recently did arcs on ABC’s Happy Endings as well as on Fox’s Ben & Kate. Corddry, repped by WME and Principato Young, had 3 films at Sundance: In A World…, Hell Baby and The Way Way Back, which landed a blockbuster $10 million distribution deal with Fox Searchlight.
Rob Corddry To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better