Rob Corddry has been tapped as the lead in Spy, ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot based on the 2011 Sky 1 comedy produced by Hat Trick Prods. Spy centers on Tim (Corddry), a well intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite, who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. On the British series, the role is played by Darren Boyd. Corddry’s casting is in conjunction with an overall deal he has signed with ABC. The original series’ creator Simeon Goulden wrote the U.S. version, produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick and executive produced by Goulden and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville. Corddry, creator/exec producer/star of Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, which won an Emmy in September, also created and exec produces Adult Swim’s new series Newsreaders. As an actor, he recently did arcs on ABC’s Happy Endings as well as on Fox’s Ben & Kate. Corddry, repped by WME and Principato Young, had 3 films at Sundance: In A World…, Hell Baby and The Way Way Back, which landed a blockbuster $10 million distribution deal with Fox Searchlight.
Rob Corddry To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce