Rob Corddry has been tapped as the lead in Spy, ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot based on the 2011 Sky 1 comedy produced by Hat Trick Prods. Spy centers on Tim (Corddry), a well intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite, who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. On the British series, the role is played by Darren Boyd. Corddry’s casting is in conjunction with an overall deal he has signed with ABC. The original series’ creator Simeon Goulden wrote the U.S. version, produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick and executive produced by Goulden and Hat Trick’s Jimmy Mulville. Corddry, creator/exec producer/star of Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, which won an Emmy in September, also created and exec produces Adult Swim’s new series Newsreaders. As an actor, he recently did arcs on ABC’s Happy Endings as well as on Fox’s Ben & Kate. Corddry, repped by WME and Principato Young, had 3 films at Sundance: In A World…, Hell Baby and The Way Way Back, which landed a blockbuster $10 million distribution deal with Fox Searchlight.
Rob Corddry To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup