Welcome To The Punch producers Rory Aitken and Ben Pugh have hooked up with agents Josh Varney and Kate Buckley to hang management and production shingle, 42. The UK-based company will rep talent and develop projects across film and television. Varney and Buckley are exiting UK agency Independent Talent Group where they’ve been for 9 and 12 years, respectively, but say they will continue to share clients including Michael Caine, John Hurt, Rhys Ifans, Rupert Friend, Paul Bettany, Christopher Lee, Nicholas Hoult, Clemence Poesy, Emily Mortimer, Tom Hollander, Jonny Lee Miller, William Monahan, Peter Cattaneo, Terry George and Eran Creevy. Aitken and Pugh set up their production company, Between The Eyes, in 2005, making commercials for clients including Nike and Sony. They then produced Creevy’s Shifty in 2008 and his Welcome To The Punch followed. It stars James McAvoy and Andrea Riseborough and will be released in the U.S. and the UK in March. Between The Eyes will continue to produce as a label under the 42 banner. The company has also added Mady Niel as a literary manager.
Quartet Of Producers & Agents Team For New UK Management & Production Outfit
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Tartaglione
- Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3
- International Emmys: UK's 'Utopia' Wins Best Drama Series
- Katniss Hot With $154.3M, 'Interstellar' Logs $330.6M: Int'l B.O. – Update
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix