The Saturday premiere of the Lifetime original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony starring Rob Lowe couldn’t quite top the numbers of the network’s Liz & Dick back in November. But the pic, billed as the first movie to chronicle the lightning-rod murder trial, did rank as the No. 1 telecast across ad-supported cable among total viewers and the key demos, according to Nielsen. It drew 3.3 million total viewers (compared with Liz & Dick‘s 3.5 million), 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million women 25-54. It grew in viewers throughout, jumping 20% from the first half hour to the final 30 minutes among women 25-54. The hourlong documentary Beyond The Headlines: Prosecuting Casey Anthony followed and averaged 2.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 854,000 women 25-54.
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners