The Saturday premiere of the Lifetime original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony starring Rob Lowe couldn’t quite top the numbers of the network’s Liz & Dick back in November. But the pic, billed as the first movie to chronicle the lightning-rod murder trial, did rank as the No. 1 telecast across ad-supported cable among total viewers and the key demos, according to Nielsen. It drew 3.3 million total viewers (compared with Liz & Dick‘s 3.5 million), 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million women 25-54. It grew in viewers throughout, jumping 20% from the first half hour to the final 30 minutes among women 25-54. The hourlong documentary Beyond The Headlines: Prosecuting Casey Anthony followed and averaged 2.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 854,000 women 25-54.
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Starring Jennifer Lopez Renewed For Season 2 By NBC
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?