The Saturday premiere of the Lifetime original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony starring Rob Lowe couldn’t quite top the numbers of the network’s Liz & Dick back in November. But the pic, billed as the first movie to chronicle the lightning-rod murder trial, did rank as the No. 1 telecast across ad-supported cable among total viewers and the key demos, according to Nielsen. It drew 3.3 million total viewers (compared with Liz & Dick‘s 3.5 million), 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million women 25-54. It grew in viewers throughout, jumping 20% from the first half hour to the final 30 minutes among women 25-54. The hourlong documentary Beyond The Headlines: Prosecuting Casey Anthony followed and averaged 2.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 854,000 women 25-54.
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'