The Saturday premiere of the Lifetime original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony starring Rob Lowe couldn’t quite top the numbers of the network’s Liz & Dick back in November. But the pic, billed as the first movie to chronicle the lightning-rod murder trial, did rank as the No. 1 telecast across ad-supported cable among total viewers and the key demos, according to Nielsen. It drew 3.3 million total viewers (compared with Liz & Dick‘s 3.5 million), 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million women 25-54. It grew in viewers throughout, jumping 20% from the first half hour to the final 30 minutes among women 25-54. The hourlong documentary Beyond The Headlines: Prosecuting Casey Anthony followed and averaged 2.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 854,000 women 25-54.
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates