The Saturday premiere of the Lifetime original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony starring Rob Lowe couldn’t quite top the numbers of the network’s Liz & Dick back in November. But the pic, billed as the first movie to chronicle the lightning-rod murder trial, did rank as the No. 1 telecast across ad-supported cable among total viewers and the key demos, according to Nielsen. It drew 3.3 million total viewers (compared with Liz & Dick‘s 3.5 million), 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million women 25-54. It grew in viewers throughout, jumping 20% from the first half hour to the final 30 minutes among women 25-54. The hourlong documentary Beyond The Headlines: Prosecuting Casey Anthony followed and averaged 2.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 854,000 women 25-54.
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot