President Obama, meet President Gilcrist. The real U.S. President will be hosting the cast and crew of NBC’s 1600 Penn tomorrow afternoon for a screening of the new White House comedy series. It will be the culmination of a day of promotional activities for the 1600 Penn team in Washington DC that will include a screening and panel at the National Press Club and a guided tour of the White House before the cast and crew meet Obama at 4:45 PM for a screening and reception. Obama will be joined by his speechwriting team; a former member of the team, Jon Lovett, co-created and executive produces 1600 Penn alongside star Josh Gad and director Jason Winer. The series, which debuts Thursday, centers on President Gale Gilchrist (Bill Pullman), his second wife Emily (Jenna Elfman) and his brood, led by son Skip (Gad).
President Obama To Host White House Screening of NBC Comedy ‘1600 Penn’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'