President Obama, meet President Gilcrist. The real U.S. President will be hosting the cast and crew of NBC’s 1600 Penn tomorrow afternoon for a screening of the new White House comedy series. It will be the culmination of a day of promotional activities for the 1600 Penn team in Washington DC that will include a screening and panel at the National Press Club and a guided tour of the White House before the cast and crew meet Obama at 4:45 PM for a screening and reception. Obama will be joined by his speechwriting team; a former member of the team, Jon Lovett, co-created and executive produces 1600 Penn alongside star Josh Gad and director Jason Winer. The series, which debuts Thursday, centers on President Gale Gilchrist (Bill Pullman), his second wife Emily (Jenna Elfman) and his brood, led by son Skip (Gad).
President Obama To Host White House Screening of NBC Comedy ‘1600 Penn’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central
- ‘Channel Zero’: Brandon Scott & Holland Roden Join Season 3 Of Syfy Anthology