President Obama, meet President Gilcrist. The real U.S. President will be hosting the cast and crew of NBC’s 1600 Penn tomorrow afternoon for a screening of the new White House comedy series. It will be the culmination of a day of promotional activities for the 1600 Penn team in Washington DC that will include a screening and panel at the National Press Club and a guided tour of the White House before the cast and crew meet Obama at 4:45 PM for a screening and reception. Obama will be joined by his speechwriting team; a former member of the team, Jon Lovett, co-created and executive produces 1600 Penn alongside star Josh Gad and director Jason Winer. The series, which debuts Thursday, centers on President Gale Gilchrist (Bill Pullman), his second wife Emily (Jenna Elfman) and his brood, led by son Skip (Gad).
President Obama To Host White House Screening of NBC Comedy ‘1600 Penn’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer