Lost alumna Maggie Grace’s major arc on the upcoming sixth season of Showtime’s dark comedy Californication will remain just that. I hear Showtime has scrapped plans to potentially spin off Grace’s character Faith into her own series. Showtime had the option to do so as Grace’s deal had a regular option behind it. Faith is a former Catholic school girl-turned-groupie who has been on the road with various bands for years and is considered a muse to elite artists. Though she has a fondness for sex, drugs and rock and roll, she remains quite religious. She meets and becomes friends with Hank Moody (David Duchovny) and eventually, that friendship blossoms into more. Californication sixth season debuts tomorrow night.
Potential ‘Californication’ Offshoot Starring Maggie Grace Not Going Forward
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over