Originally produced by France’s Haut et Court for Canal Plus, Les Revenants aired in eight one-hour episodes last fall, drawing record numbers for the pay-TV channel. Paul Abbott, creator of the British and co-creator of the U.S. version of Shameless, and his AbbottVision will produce the English-language adaptation for the international market. The series, with the English working title They Came Back, centers on a group of men and women in a small Alpine village who find themselves in a state of confusion, trying to return to their homes. What they don’t yet know is that they’ve been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. AbbottVision has a first-look deal with Fremantle Media Enterprises which acquired the rights to the project and will handle international distribution.
Paul Abbott To Produce English-Language Take On Supernatural Series ‘Les Revenants’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Exiting Fox News Analyst Blasts Network As "Propaganda Machine" For "Ethically Ruinous Administration"
Latest International News
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- BBC Sets New Dramas With Heyday, NBC Universal Int’l And ‘Thirteen’ Creator Marnie Dickens
- ITVS Global Ent, Shout! Factory Pact For Multi-Film & Series Content Deal With Some Big Titles
- Saudi Arabia Establishes Film Council To Develop Local, Sustainable Industry
- ‘High Castle’s Sebastian Roché Sets West End Debut In Modern ‘Tartuffe’
- ‘The Crown’ Producers Apologize To Claire Foy, Matt Smith Over Salary Storm