Oxygen Media has pulled the plug on the controversial reality special All My Babies’ Mamas as pressure mounted from Change.org, Parents Television Council and other organizations outraged over the show’s premise about rapper Shawty Lo, his 11 children and their 10 mothers. Author Sabrina Lamb started a petition on Change.org urging Oxygen to pull support for the show shortly after it was announced in December. The organization said it gathered more than 37,000 signatures in support of its campaign which culminated this morning in simultaneous petition deliveries to the offices of Oxygen, NBC Universal and Comcast in New York City, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. “I am pleased that Oxygen Media has heard the outrage of over 37,000 consumers and shareholders who said, ‘enough is enough,’” Lamb said in a statement. “We will not support any network and advertiser which exploits the plight of children and targets young women with stereotypical, dangerous, unsafe messages. Change.org said it was notified of the decision in a statement from Oxygen. “As part of our development process, we have reviewed casting and decided not to move forward with the special”, Oxygen said. “We will continue to develop compelling content that resonates with our young female viewers and drives the cultural conversation.” All My Babies Mamas was slated to premiere in the spring.
Oxygen Cancels ‘All My Babies’ Mamas’ Amid Public Outcry
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'