EXCLUSIVE: Broadway actress Nina Arianda has been cast in Megan Griffiths’ Lucky Them, the Joanne Woodward-produced comedy shepherded by the late Paul Newman before his death. Arianda will play the best friend to Toni Collette‘s Ellie, a rock journalist assigned to track down her own musician ex (Thomas Haden Church). Oliver Platt, Ryan Eggold, and Ahna O’Reilly are also onboard for the pic, which began filming last weekend in Seattle. Arianda, a Tony-winner with multiple stage honors, continues to cross over into film after appearing in Win Win, Higher Ground, Midnight In Paris, and Tower Heist; she also guest-starred last year on 30 Rock. Arianda is attached to play — and sing as — Janis Joplin in the big screen biopic Joplin, from Martha Marcy May Marlene director Sean Durkin. She’s repped by ICM.
Tony Winner Nina Arianda Joins Toni Collette In ‘Lucky Them’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'
- 'The Interview' Yanked By Regal, AMC & Other Major Chains
- Through a Lens Darkly