EXCLUSIVE: Broadway actress Nina Arianda has been cast in Megan Griffiths’ Lucky Them, the Joanne Woodward-produced comedy shepherded by the late Paul Newman before his death. Arianda will play the best friend to Toni Collette‘s Ellie, a rock journalist assigned to track down her own musician ex (Thomas Haden Church). Oliver Platt, Ryan Eggold, and Ahna O’Reilly are also onboard for the pic, which began filming last weekend in Seattle. Arianda, a Tony-winner with multiple stage honors, continues to cross over into film after appearing in Win Win, Higher Ground, Midnight In Paris, and Tower Heist; she also guest-starred last year on 30 Rock. Arianda is attached to play — and sing as — Janis Joplin in the big screen biopic Joplin, from Martha Marcy May Marlene director Sean Durkin. She’s repped by ICM.
Tony Winner Nina Arianda Joins Toni Collette In ‘Lucky Them’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
- Finance & Production Shingle Vega, Baby! Expands Into Distribution
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'