Absence makes the heart grow fonder and ratings go higher. The much delayed start of the NHL season over protracted negotiations between players and the league scored for NBC. Yesterday’s two-game regional coverage on the network (Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers) posted a 2.0 overnight rating from 3:30-6:15 PM ET. That was the highest overnight rating for regular-season coverage on any network in more than a decade and the highest overnight for regular-season coverage on NBC since its recent coverage of the league began in 2006, up 67% vs. last year’s 2011-12 regular-season average.
NHL Coverage Starts Strong On NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot