Absence makes the heart grow fonder and ratings go higher. The much delayed start of the NHL season over protracted negotiations between players and the league scored for NBC. Yesterday’s two-game regional coverage on the network (Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers) posted a 2.0 overnight rating from 3:30-6:15 PM ET. That was the highest overnight rating for regular-season coverage on any network in more than a decade and the highest overnight for regular-season coverage on NBC since its recent coverage of the league began in 2006, up 67% vs. last year’s 2011-12 regular-season average.
NHL Coverage Starts Strong On NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Iron Fist’ EP Scott Buck Set To Showrun Marvel’s ‘The Inhumans’ For ABC
- ASC Awards: HBO & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Lead TV Noms
- Ryan Murphy Named Publicists Guild’s Television Showman Of The Year
- FX Networks Exec Nicole Clemens Joins Anonymous As Manager & Producer
- FX Networks Promotes Gina Balian & Jonathan Frank As Nicole Clemens Exits
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs To Receive Pioneer Award At CinemaCon