The Apprentice star Donald Trump was a constant lighting rod for controversy during the recent presidential campaign with his birther obsession and outrageous comments and Twitter rants against everyone from President Obama and the GOP to Rosie O’Donnell. With all that baggage, is NBC sticking with Trump and has the net asked him to tone his rhetoric down? “We live in this country where you can say anything you want as long as you are not harming other people,” NBC chief Bob Greenblatt said during the NBC TCA executive session. “He has his political belief system but I really don’t think what he’s doing in his personal life is going to corrupt what he’s doing on the show.” However, “if he becomes somehow hurtful and says or does things that cross a line, we would figure out what to do with that.” Added NBC’s head of reality Paul Telegdy, who oversees The Apprentice, “It just comes with the Donald Trump territory, he keeps a lot of publicists very very busy.” NBC already played a role in protecting America from even more Trump in the public space. “We talked him out of running for president, wasn’t’ that good enough?,” Greenblatt said.
Bob Greenblatt: NBC May Act On ‘Apprentice’ Star Donald Trump If He “Says Or Does Things That Cross The Line”: TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Looking At $80M-$90M Over Four Days; Will Leather-Clad Hero Whip Mr. Grey's February Record?
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest TV News
- Andrea Martin To Star In Tracey Wigfield NBC Pilot, Kimrie Lewis-Davis Also Cast
- GOP Debate Musical Chairs Ends: All New Hampshire Survivors Make CBS Stage
- ‘The Night Manager’ Trailer: John Le Carré Spy Thriller With Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston & Olivia Colman
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Pilot Ordered By Fox; Damon Wayans Starring, McG Directing
- Syfy Orders ‘Prototype’ Thriller Pilot
- Emily Kinney Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’