Hyde Park On Hudson director Roger Michell‘s Le Weekend is currently in post-production after wrapping a Paris shoot at the end of last year. Music Box has taken U.S. rights on the film that stars Jim Broadbent, Lindsay Duncan and Jeff Goldblum. Broadbent and Duncan play a married couple who visit the City of Lights to revitalize their marriage. There, they run into an old friend (Goldblum) who gives them a new way to look at life and love. Hanif Kureshi wrote the script. Michell and producing partner Kevin Loader’s Free Range Films produced in association with Le Bureau for Curzon Film Rights, Film4 and the BFI Film Fund. Sue Bruce Smith is exec producer for Film4 with Curzon’s Philip Knatchbull & Louisa Dent. Bertrand Faivre is co-producer for Le Bureau. International sales are handled by Embankment Films which has also sold Le Weekend in more than 20 territories including Italy (Lucky Red), Germany (Prokino), Australia (Transmission) and the UK (Artificial Eye).
Music Box Acquires U.S On Roger Michell’s ‘Le Weekend’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…