Hyde Park On Hudson director Roger Michell‘s Le Weekend is currently in post-production after wrapping a Paris shoot at the end of last year. Music Box has taken U.S. rights on the film that stars Jim Broadbent, Lindsay Duncan and Jeff Goldblum. Broadbent and Duncan play a married couple who visit the City of Lights to revitalize their marriage. There, they run into an old friend (Goldblum) who gives them a new way to look at life and love. Hanif Kureshi wrote the script. Michell and producing partner Kevin Loader’s Free Range Films produced in association with Le Bureau for Curzon Film Rights, Film4 and the BFI Film Fund. Sue Bruce Smith is exec producer for Film4 with Curzon’s Philip Knatchbull & Louisa Dent. Bertrand Faivre is co-producer for Le Bureau. International sales are handled by Embankment Films which has also sold Le Weekend in more than 20 territories including Italy (Lucky Red), Germany (Prokino), Australia (Transmission) and the UK (Artificial Eye).
Music Box Acquires U.S On Roger Michell’s ‘Le Weekend’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward