Hyde Park On Hudson director Roger Michell‘s Le Weekend is currently in post-production after wrapping a Paris shoot at the end of last year. Music Box has taken U.S. rights on the film that stars Jim Broadbent, Lindsay Duncan and Jeff Goldblum. Broadbent and Duncan play a married couple who visit the City of Lights to revitalize their marriage. There, they run into an old friend (Goldblum) who gives them a new way to look at life and love. Hanif Kureshi wrote the script. Michell and producing partner Kevin Loader’s Free Range Films produced in association with Le Bureau for Curzon Film Rights, Film4 and the BFI Film Fund. Sue Bruce Smith is exec producer for Film4 with Curzon’s Philip Knatchbull & Louisa Dent. Bertrand Faivre is co-producer for Le Bureau. International sales are handled by Embankment Films which has also sold Le Weekend in more than 20 territories including Italy (Lucky Red), Germany (Prokino), Australia (Transmission) and the UK (Artificial Eye).
Music Box Acquires U.S On Roger Michell’s ‘Le Weekend’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2