EXCLUSIVE: Miguel Arteta is set to direct Bravo‘s hourlong pilot Rita, one of the cable network’s first two scripted pilots greenlighted last month. Written by Krista Vernoff, Rita is is an adaptation of a Danish format. It is a family drama that follows an acerbic, outspoken private-school teacher who struggles to raise her three teenage children while dealing with the inane bureaucracy and overprotective parents at her school. In addition to directing, Arteta will executive produce the Fox TV Studios pilot alongside Vernoff, Henrik Bastin and Mikkel Bondesen. Bravo plans to debut its first original scripted series in the fourth quarter of 2013. Arteta directed the pilot for the CW’s midseason drama The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to Sex And The City. His recent episodic directing credits include The New Normal, Enlightened, Nurse Jackie, American Horror Story: Asylum and New Girl.
Miguel Arteta To Direct Bravo Pilot ‘Rita’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'