EXCLUSIVE: Miguel Arteta is set to direct Bravo‘s hourlong pilot Rita, one of the cable network’s first two scripted pilots greenlighted last month. Written by Krista Vernoff, Rita is is an adaptation of a Danish format. It is a family drama that follows an acerbic, outspoken private-school teacher who struggles to raise her three teenage children while dealing with the inane bureaucracy and overprotective parents at her school. In addition to directing, Arteta will executive produce the Fox TV Studios pilot alongside Vernoff, Henrik Bastin and Mikkel Bondesen. Bravo plans to debut its first original scripted series in the fourth quarter of 2013. Arteta directed the pilot for the CW’s midseason drama The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to Sex And The City. His recent episodic directing credits include The New Normal, Enlightened, Nurse Jackie, American Horror Story: Asylum and New Girl.
Miguel Arteta To Direct Bravo Pilot ‘Rita’
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon's Wings? - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ESPN, TNT Salivate For First Pair Of NBA Conference Title Game 7s Since 1979
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”