Audrey Tautou and Romain Duris fall in love, marry, and endure a most unusual illness in Michel Gondry‘s first French-language feature Mood Indigo (L’écume des jours), which will test the critical cache that’s been slipping since Gondry followed his Oscar-winning 2004 pic Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind with The Science Of Sleep ($15M globally) and Be Kind Rewind ($30.5M). Adapted from Boris Vian’s 1947 novel, Mood Indigo follows on the heels of Gondry’s most recent studio effort, 2011’s modestly performing tentpole Green Hornet. The pic opens in France on April 24 via StudioCanal but has yet to set U.S. distribution.
Hot Trailer: Michel Gondry’s ‘Mood Indigo’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut