Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
Meredith Vieira To Host Daytime Talk Show?
What's Hot on Deadline
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat, ‘Quantico’ Down
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse
- Billy Campbell & Karine Vanasse Cast As Leads In CTV Drama ‘Cardinal’
- ‘Transparent’ Season 2 First Episode Available On Amazon Prime
- ‘Supergirl’ Gets Order For 7 More Episodes From CBS
- Amazon Greenlights Oliver Goldstick’s ‘The Collection’, Its First Original UK Drama