Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
Meredith Vieira To Host Daytime Talk Show?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Exits, Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series