Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
Meredith Vieira To Host Daytime Talk Show?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- CNN Benches Donna Brazile As She Takes Top DNC Role; Wikileaks Says Email “Implicated” Her In Scandal
- Rick Springfield Joins Cast of ‘Supernatural’ In Devilish New Role – Comic-Con
- ‘24: Legacy’ EP Says "Intersection" With Original Characters Could Happen "Down The Line" – Comic-Con
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- Dominic Purcell Reflects On His Injury During ‘Prison Break’ Shoot – Comic-Con
- Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney’s Golden Oak Ranch “OK”, LAFD Says…