Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
Meredith Vieira To Host Daytime Talk Show?
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
Disney's 'Zootopia' Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
Alan Cumming To Star In 'Dr. Death' CBS Crime Drama From James Patterson, Michael Rauch & Alex Kurtzman
Latest TV News
- HBO’s ‘Westworld’ Gallops Into New York Comic-Con
- ‘Will & Grace’ Distracts Media On Debate Day With Reunion Tease
- Viceland’s ‘Desus & Mero’ Gets Showrunner & Premiere Date
- Jodie Foster To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award
- Bill Pullman To Star In Jessica Biel’s USA Crime Drama Pilot ‘The Sinner’
- MTV Developing Drama From John Swetnam & Fabrik Entertainment