Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
Meredith Vieira To Host Daytime Talk Show?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ABC’s Shondaland Legal Pilot Casts Hope Davis, Vondie Curtis-Hall & Regé-Jean Page
- ‘Household Name’: Timothy Omundson Cast In Carol Burnett ABC Comedy Pilot
- Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway Among Final Round Of Oscar Presenters
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Faces Jail With New Final Sentencing Date In Fraud Case
- Court Tosses Tatyana Ali Lawsuit Claiming ‘The Real’ Was Her Idea
- ‘For God & Country’ NBC Pilot Casts Hadi Tabbal; Warren Leight-Paul Haggis Pilot Adds 2