Maura Tierney has joined the Broadway cast of Nora Ephron’s Lucky Guy. The Emmy-nominated actress will play Alice, the wife of journalist Mike McAlary. This is the former ER star’s Broadway debut. It is also the Broadway debut of Tom Hanks who will play NYC newspaper columnist McAlary in what is Ephron’s last play. Ephron passed away on June 26, 2012. Two-time Tony Award winner Courtney B. Vance will return to the Broadway stage to play McAlary’s editor Hap Hairston. Lucky Guy will play a limited engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre with an April 1st opening night. Previews begin on March 1. George C. Wolfe is directing the production. Lucky Guy will be produced by Colin Callender, Roy Furman, Arielle Tepper Madover, Roger Berlind, Stacey Mindich, Robert Cole and Frederick Zollo, David Mirvish, Daryl Roth, James D. Stern/Douglas L. Meyer, Scott and Brian Zeilinger, in association with Sonia Friedman Productions and The Shubert Organization. Tierney, who currently stars on CBS’ The Good Wife, is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.
Maura Tierney Makes ‘Lucky Guy’ Broadway Debut With Tom Hanks
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms