Maura Tierney has joined the Broadway cast of Nora Ephron’s Lucky Guy. The Emmy-nominated actress will play Alice, the wife of journalist Mike McAlary. This is the former ER star’s Broadway debut. It is also the Broadway debut of Tom Hanks who will play NYC newspaper columnist McAlary in what is Ephron’s last play. Ephron passed away on June 26, 2012. Two-time Tony Award winner Courtney B. Vance will return to the Broadway stage to play McAlary’s editor Hap Hairston. Lucky Guy will play a limited engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre with an April 1st opening night. Previews begin on March 1. George C. Wolfe is directing the production. Lucky Guy will be produced by Colin Callender, Roy Furman, Arielle Tepper Madover, Roger Berlind, Stacey Mindich, Robert Cole and Frederick Zollo, David Mirvish, Daryl Roth, James D. Stern/Douglas L. Meyer, Scott and Brian Zeilinger, in association with Sonia Friedman Productions and The Shubert Organization. Tierney, who currently stars on CBS’ The Good Wife, is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.
Maura Tierney Makes ‘Lucky Guy’ Broadway Debut With Tom Hanks
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Patten
- Hillary Clinton Raises Record $2.1M At Jeffrey Katzenberg Co-Hosted Hollywood Fundraiser
- UTA & 'Trouble With The Curve' Writer Hit With New $5M Lawsuit Over Clint Eastwood Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' Ratings Solid In Week 2 Against Peyton Manning & 'SNF' Rebound
- 'Femme Fatales' Actress Loses Legal Move Against Cinemax Late Night Series Producer
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass