Diving Bell And The Butterfly star, and erstwhile Bond villain, Mathieu Amalric has boarded Roman Polanski‘s Venus In Fur. The actor, perhaps best known to U.S. audiences as baddie Dominic Greene in Quantum Of Solace, is currently shooting in Paris, his French rep Zelig Films confirms. Amalric is reteaming with Polanski’s wife Emmanuelle Seigner for the film; they worked together on Julian Schnabel’s Diving Bell in 2008 which brought Amalric a Best Actor César. Louis Garrel had previously been tipped for the lead in Venus, the French-language screen adaptation of David Ives’ erotic and blackly comic Broadway and off-Broadway play. Polanski wrote the script with Ives, and the director’s longtime collaborators Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde are producing. Lionsgate/Summit International are repping foreign sales and ICM will handle North American rights. Hyphenate Amalric won a Best Director Palme d’Or for his 2010 comedy On Tour and also has a role in Wes Anderson’s upcoming The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mathieu Amalric Joins Roman Polanski’s ‘Venus In Fur’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster