Diving Bell And The Butterfly star, and erstwhile Bond villain, Mathieu Amalric has boarded Roman Polanski‘s Venus In Fur. The actor, perhaps best known to U.S. audiences as baddie Dominic Greene in Quantum Of Solace, is currently shooting in Paris, his French rep Zelig Films confirms. Amalric is reteaming with Polanski’s wife Emmanuelle Seigner for the film; they worked together on Julian Schnabel’s Diving Bell in 2008 which brought Amalric a Best Actor César. Louis Garrel had previously been tipped for the lead in Venus, the French-language screen adaptation of David Ives’ erotic and blackly comic Broadway and off-Broadway play. Polanski wrote the script with Ives, and the director’s longtime collaborators Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde are producing. Lionsgate/Summit International are repping foreign sales and ICM will handle North American rights. Hyphenate Amalric won a Best Director Palme d’Or for his 2010 comedy On Tour and also has a role in Wes Anderson’s upcoming The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mathieu Amalric Joins Roman Polanski’s ‘Venus In Fur’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)