Diving Bell And The Butterfly star, and erstwhile Bond villain, Mathieu Amalric has boarded Roman Polanski‘s Venus In Fur. The actor, perhaps best known to U.S. audiences as baddie Dominic Greene in Quantum Of Solace, is currently shooting in Paris, his French rep Zelig Films confirms. Amalric is reteaming with Polanski’s wife Emmanuelle Seigner for the film; they worked together on Julian Schnabel’s Diving Bell in 2008 which brought Amalric a Best Actor César. Louis Garrel had previously been tipped for the lead in Venus, the French-language screen adaptation of David Ives’ erotic and blackly comic Broadway and off-Broadway play. Polanski wrote the script with Ives, and the director’s longtime collaborators Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde are producing. Lionsgate/Summit International are repping foreign sales and ICM will handle North American rights. Hyphenate Amalric won a Best Director Palme d’Or for his 2010 comedy On Tour and also has a role in Wes Anderson’s upcoming The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mathieu Amalric Joins Roman Polanski’s ‘Venus In Fur’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?