Diving Bell And The Butterfly star, and erstwhile Bond villain, Mathieu Amalric has boarded Roman Polanski‘s Venus In Fur. The actor, perhaps best known to U.S. audiences as baddie Dominic Greene in Quantum Of Solace, is currently shooting in Paris, his French rep Zelig Films confirms. Amalric is reteaming with Polanski’s wife Emmanuelle Seigner for the film; they worked together on Julian Schnabel’s Diving Bell in 2008 which brought Amalric a Best Actor César. Louis Garrel had previously been tipped for the lead in Venus, the French-language screen adaptation of David Ives’ erotic and blackly comic Broadway and off-Broadway play. Polanski wrote the script with Ives, and the director’s longtime collaborators Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde are producing. Lionsgate/Summit International are repping foreign sales and ICM will handle North American rights. Hyphenate Amalric won a Best Director Palme d’Or for his 2010 comedy On Tour and also has a role in Wes Anderson’s upcoming The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Mathieu Amalric Joins Roman Polanski’s ‘Venus In Fur’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘City Of Lies’ Trailer: Johnny Depp & Forest Whitaker Take The Biggie Smalls Case
- Emmy Double Play: Peter Kunhardt Directs Two Awards-Contending Docs, On John McCain & Martin Luther King Jr.
- ‘The Expendables 4’ Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & ‘Rambo 5’ Sell To China In Eight-Figure…
- Fox TV Latin America Promotion, Will Arnett Joins Sky Drama ‘Riviera’ — Global Briefs
- Jake Gyllenhaal In Mysterio Talks For ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel
- Comcast-Sky: UK Government Doesn’t See Initial Public Interest Concerns In Acquisition Bid