After 34 years with the premium network, HBO Home Entertainment President Henry McGee is retiring to join the faculty of Harvard Business School. He will be replaced by Sofia Chang, currently SVP Program Strategy & Planning. McGee joined the cable network in 1979 and served in several roles before taking the reins of HBO’s video division in 1995. Under his management, HBO vastly expanded its home video operations to over 70 countries. McGee’s tenure is perhaps most notable for HBO’s early adoption of the Internet to advertise and distribute its programming; hbohomevideo.com launched in 1995, and hbodvd.com followed three years later. McGee also oversaw HBO’s embrace of new formats, most recently streaming service HBO GO. Chang, promoted to her current position last year, has been responsible for overseeing program strategy, audience research, and promotion planning and scheduling areas for HBO and Cinemax. She takes over March 4.
Longtime HBO Home Entertainment Chief Henry McGee Retiring
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest TV News
- PBS CEO Paula Kerger Takes Questions On Charlie Rose, Tavis Smiley At TCA
- Matt Damon Tells ‘Today’ He’s Sorry For Sexual Assault Comments: “Wish I’d Listened A Lot More Before I Weighed In”…
- Fox Television Stations Renew ‘Page Six TV’ Through 2018-2019 Season
- ‘Nicky Jam: El Ganador’ Bio-Series To Premiere On Netflix
- HBO, ‘Real Housewives’ Among Winners At Reality Breakthrough Awards — NATPE
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere