Writer-producer Matt Williams‘ Wind Dancer Films will develop and produce scripted comedies and drama for Lionsgate as part of the new deal. Williams created and executive produced the TV series Roseanne. He also was a writer on The Cosby Show and went on to co-create spinoff A Different World. He launched Wind Dancer Films in 2008 with partner David McFadzean, company president Dete Meserve and head of production Judd Payne to produce and finance films and create and produce TV. Its TV credits include Home Improvement, Carol & Company with Carol Burnett and Soul Man with Dan Aykroyd, while film credits include last year’s Jack Black-starrer Bernie, As Cool As I Am starring Claire Danes and James Marsden and What Women Want. Williams is repped by WME.
Lionsgate Inks First-Look TV Deal With Matt Williams’ Wind Dancer Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company