Writer-producer Matt Williams‘ Wind Dancer Films will develop and produce scripted comedies and drama for Lionsgate as part of the new deal. Williams created and executive produced the TV series Roseanne. He also was a writer on The Cosby Show and went on to co-create spinoff A Different World. He launched Wind Dancer Films in 2008 with partner David McFadzean, company president Dete Meserve and head of production Judd Payne to produce and finance films and create and produce TV. Its TV credits include Home Improvement, Carol & Company with Carol Burnett and Soul Man with Dan Aykroyd, while film credits include last year’s Jack Black-starrer Bernie, As Cool As I Am starring Claire Danes and James Marsden and What Women Want. Williams is repped by WME.
Lionsgate Inks First-Look TV Deal With Matt Williams’ Wind Dancer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”