Writer-producer Matt Williams‘ Wind Dancer Films will develop and produce scripted comedies and drama for Lionsgate as part of the new deal. Williams created and executive produced the TV series Roseanne. He also was a writer on The Cosby Show and went on to co-create spinoff A Different World. He launched Wind Dancer Films in 2008 with partner David McFadzean, company president Dete Meserve and head of production Judd Payne to produce and finance films and create and produce TV. Its TV credits include Home Improvement, Carol & Company with Carol Burnett and Soul Man with Dan Aykroyd, while film credits include last year’s Jack Black-starrer Bernie, As Cool As I Am starring Claire Danes and James Marsden and What Women Want. Williams is repped by WME.
Lionsgate Inks First-Look TV Deal With Matt Williams’ Wind Dancer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP