Writer-producer Matt Williams‘ Wind Dancer Films will develop and produce scripted comedies and drama for Lionsgate as part of the new deal. Williams created and executive produced the TV series Roseanne. He also was a writer on The Cosby Show and went on to co-create spinoff A Different World. He launched Wind Dancer Films in 2008 with partner David McFadzean, company president Dete Meserve and head of production Judd Payne to produce and finance films and create and produce TV. Its TV credits include Home Improvement, Carol & Company with Carol Burnett and Soul Man with Dan Aykroyd, while film credits include last year’s Jack Black-starrer Bernie, As Cool As I Am starring Claire Danes and James Marsden and What Women Want. Williams is repped by WME.
Lionsgate Inks First-Look TV Deal With Matt Williams’ Wind Dancer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series