Writer-producer Matt Williams‘ Wind Dancer Films will develop and produce scripted comedies and drama for Lionsgate as part of the new deal. Williams created and executive produced the TV series Roseanne. He also was a writer on The Cosby Show and went on to co-create spinoff A Different World. He launched Wind Dancer Films in 2008 with partner David McFadzean, company president Dete Meserve and head of production Judd Payne to produce and finance films and create and produce TV. Its TV credits include Home Improvement, Carol & Company with Carol Burnett and Soul Man with Dan Aykroyd, while film credits include last year’s Jack Black-starrer Bernie, As Cool As I Am starring Claire Danes and James Marsden and What Women Want. Williams is repped by WME.
Lionsgate Inks First-Look TV Deal With Matt Williams’ Wind Dancer Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'