Lilyhammer‘s second season is currently filming in Oslo and Lillehammer, with star and exec producer Steven van Zandt on hand after taking a break from his touring schedule with Bruce Springsteen. For its second outing, the fish-out-of-water dramedy has added Paul Kaye (Game Of Thrones), Erik Madsen (Da Vinci’s Demons), Amy Beth Hayes (Mr Selfridge) and Jakob Oftebro (from foreign-language film Oscar nominee Kon-Tiki). Lilyhammer was a hit when it premiered in Norway in January 2012, drawing record numbers for NRK1, and it was the first original series to launch on Netflix when it bowed via the streaming service in the U.S., Canada and Latin America in February. Season 2 sees van Zandt’s mob fixer Frank Tagliano still in witness protection and juggling fatherhood with running his criminal operation. Added to the mix this season are a group of English soccer hooligans, a bank robbery that threatens to reveal Frank’s identity, and a bloodthirsty new female sheriff. Lilyhammer was developed by Rubicon TV with Red Arrow on international sales. Showrunners are Eilif Skodvin and Anne Bjornstad; producer is Anders Tangen. Lasse Halberg exec produces with van Zandt. Shooting on Season 2 runs through April when van Zandt goes back on tour with Springsteen.
‘Lilyhammer’ Adds Cast For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest International News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog