Lilyhammer‘s second season is currently filming in Oslo and Lillehammer, with star and exec producer Steven van Zandt on hand after taking a break from his touring schedule with Bruce Springsteen. For its second outing, the fish-out-of-water dramedy has added Paul Kaye (Game Of Thrones), Erik Madsen (Da Vinci’s Demons), Amy Beth Hayes (Mr Selfridge) and Jakob Oftebro (from foreign-language film Oscar nominee Kon-Tiki). Lilyhammer was a hit when it premiered in Norway in January 2012, drawing record numbers for NRK1, and it was the first original series to launch on Netflix when it bowed via the streaming service in the U.S., Canada and Latin America in February. Season 2 sees van Zandt’s mob fixer Frank Tagliano still in witness protection and juggling fatherhood with running his criminal operation. Added to the mix this season are a group of English soccer hooligans, a bank robbery that threatens to reveal Frank’s identity, and a bloodthirsty new female sheriff. Lilyhammer was developed by Rubicon TV with Red Arrow on international sales. Showrunners are Eilif Skodvin and Anne Bjornstad; producer is Anders Tangen. Lasse Halberg exec produces with van Zandt. Shooting on Season 2 runs through April when van Zandt goes back on tour with Springsteen.
‘Lilyhammer’ Adds Cast For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest International News
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award
- ‘Mockingjay’ Lands At $144.5M As China & Caution In Europe Squeeze Hwd – Intl B.O. Final