Leonardo DiCaprio says he’s taking a break from acting. After working on three films in two years, according to the Agence France-Press translation, DiCaprio told the Germany daily Bild “I am a bit drained. I’m now going to take a long, long break. I’ve done three films in two years and I’m just worn out.” Whether we’ll have time to miss him is another matter. He’s been promoting Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Publicity appearances for upcoming releases of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby (due out May 10th from Warner Bros) and Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street (4th quarter 2013 via Paramount) will likely cut into his time off. There’s also his production company Appian Way. DiCaprio says he plans to use the time to travel and promote environmental awareness. “I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment”. His personal environmental lifestyle? “My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometres (31 miles) a day. That can be done with a plug.”
Leonardo DiCaprio Taking “A Long, Long Break”
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'