Leonardo DiCaprio says he’s taking a break from acting. After working on three films in two years, according to the Agence France-Press translation, DiCaprio told the Germany daily Bild “I am a bit drained. I’m now going to take a long, long break. I’ve done three films in two years and I’m just worn out.” Whether we’ll have time to miss him is another matter. He’s been promoting Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Publicity appearances for upcoming releases of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby (due out May 10th from Warner Bros) and Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street (4th quarter 2013 via Paramount) will likely cut into his time off. There’s also his production company Appian Way. DiCaprio says he plans to use the time to travel and promote environmental awareness. “I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment”. His personal environmental lifestyle? “My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometres (31 miles) a day. That can be done with a plug.”
Leonardo DiCaprio Taking “A Long, Long Break”
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises