EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Durand worked with helmer Atom Egoyan on the West Memphis 3 feature Devil’s Knot and they are reuniting for the kidnapping thriller Queen Of The Night, which already stars Ryan Reynolds, Mireille Enos, Scott Speedman, Rosario Dawson and Alexia Fast. In the pic co-written by Egoyan and David Fraser, a man (Reynolds) and his wife (Enos) are presented with the most concrete evidence of their abducted daughter’s 6-year absence by a detective duo (Speedman, Dawson) who share a similarly estranged relationship. Durand, repped by WME and Alchemy Entertainment, will play the daughter’s kidnapper. The busy actor just wrapped Akiva Goldsman’s Winter’s Tale alongside Colin Farrell, Darren Aronofsky’s Noah opposite Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins, the indie thriller Dark Was The Night and Screen Gems and Constantin Films’ The Mortal Instruments. He also was in Fruitvale, which took multiple honors at Sundance and was picked up by The Weinstein Company. Queen begins filming next month in Ontario.
Kevin Durand Joins Atom Egoyan’s ‘Queen Of The Night’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake