EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Durand worked with helmer Atom Egoyan on the West Memphis 3 feature Devil’s Knot and they are reuniting for the kidnapping thriller Queen Of The Night, which already stars Ryan Reynolds, Mireille Enos, Scott Speedman, Rosario Dawson and Alexia Fast. In the pic co-written by Egoyan and David Fraser, a man (Reynolds) and his wife (Enos) are presented with the most concrete evidence of their abducted daughter’s 6-year absence by a detective duo (Speedman, Dawson) who share a similarly estranged relationship. Durand, repped by WME and Alchemy Entertainment, will play the daughter’s kidnapper. The busy actor just wrapped Akiva Goldsman’s Winter’s Tale alongside Colin Farrell, Darren Aronofsky’s Noah opposite Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins, the indie thriller Dark Was The Night and Screen Gems and Constantin Films’ The Mortal Instruments. He also was in Fruitvale, which took multiple honors at Sundance and was picked up by The Weinstein Company. Queen begins filming next month in Ontario.
Kevin Durand Joins Atom Egoyan’s ‘Queen Of The Night’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'