EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Durand worked with helmer Atom Egoyan on the West Memphis 3 feature Devil’s Knot and they are reuniting for the kidnapping thriller Queen Of The Night, which already stars Ryan Reynolds, Mireille Enos, Scott Speedman, Rosario Dawson and Alexia Fast. In the pic co-written by Egoyan and David Fraser, a man (Reynolds) and his wife (Enos) are presented with the most concrete evidence of their abducted daughter’s 6-year absence by a detective duo (Speedman, Dawson) who share a similarly estranged relationship. Durand, repped by WME and Alchemy Entertainment, will play the daughter’s kidnapper. The busy actor just wrapped Akiva Goldsman’s Winter’s Tale alongside Colin Farrell, Darren Aronofsky’s Noah opposite Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins, the indie thriller Dark Was The Night and Screen Gems and Constantin Films’ The Mortal Instruments. He also was in Fruitvale, which took multiple honors at Sundance and was picked up by The Weinstein Company. Queen begins filming next month in Ontario.
Kevin Durand Joins Atom Egoyan’s ‘Queen Of The Night’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'